Monday, November 24, 2008

Things I am thankful for...

I love my kids. They are definitely the best thing that has ever happened to me. I look at them and it makes me smile. I remember why I was put on this earth. I am so grateful for them, and some days, my love for them overwhelms me. Today is one of those days. It seems like it is the simple things in life that make me the happiest.

When they are at Karate, they all strive to be the best behaved so they can be the kid to ring the gong. Samantha has been chosen 3 times, and she lets everyone know it! Jeremy, Paige and Christian talk about it on the way to class. Every day they tell me that they are going to be the one to ring the gong. Christian is the one who talks about it the most. He loves his Sensei, and he wants to please her. He wants to be the one she picks, because that means that he is being singled out, that he is special. Well, today Christian got to be that kid. He was SO excited. He was in the dojo, and called to me "Mommy, I got to ring the gong!!!" He had such a smile on his face, and I almost cried! I was so proud of him. I love it when they get to feel the pride that I feel for them when they are being the great kids I know they can be! He was so excited to come home and tell Daddy, and I was really excited for him.

Even Paige, who often has trouble with her focus at class, did a really good job. She had trouble when she ran herself into a wall, and then she just fell apart for the rest of the class. I am sure she will be able to handle it better next week.

I went to Church yesterday, and it was nice. It was very different from what I am used to, but I liked it. I will be going back for a few weeks and see how things go. One of the things the pastor said was that we need to think about 3 things we are grateful for. Three separate things to be thankful for every day. I am going to try and do that. So here goes. I am thankful for my husband, first and foremost. I am thankful that God chose to make me a mother to 4 wonderful Children. I am thankful that I have a nice home to raise my family in.

Wow, that was easy. I wonder if it will be easy tomorrow. We'll see. :) Okay, well that is it for me. Off to bed!

No comments: