Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The First Year.... Continued

So I was thinking about their first year today, and how much they have changed. Sometimes I am sad, and other times I am so excited for the new phases of their lives. Sometimes in the first year I would watch them and just be so sad for them. Sad because their lives were an assembly line, sad because there were times when all of them needed to be held, and I only have 2 arms. Sad because I was never the mom that could rock her baby to sleep, sad because I couldn't breast feed. Then there are times like today, when I look at them and I see little kids, not babies and then I am so happy. I think back fondly of their infancy and toddler hood, and I look forward to the times to come.

So anyway, I was looking at pictures of them today and I was so happy. They were so small, and so happy (for the most part)...LOL
I saw the picture of Jeremy the night before he had his surgery. Jeremy had to have his umbilical hernia repaired at 10 months, it was huge... I had forgotten how big it was....















He used to play with it and I was actually worried that he would miss it... Okay... so I am not the most sane woman in the world. It was actually funny... he was clearly excited to be with just mommy and daddy, and then they gave him some kind of medication that made him giggle. He sat there for about 10 minutes giggling...















This is Jeremy with his little hospital gown on right before they gave him his giggle medicine.

Halloween was so fun. Paige got so mad at me because of the costume I chose, it was really very funny. When I bought her costume, she wasn't crawling, but by the time Halloween came around she was the crawling queen!! I have a great picture of how mad she was....


Can you say..."Mommy...I am soooo going to get you back for this when I am a teenager"
















Here is the picture of all 4 of them... they didn't all hate their costumes...

We went to the Harvest Party at church and they went on their first hay ride. It was really cute, and I think they really liked the hay, they all kept pulling it and trying to eat it!





We went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving and it was alot of fun. The kids ate Turkey and squash and green beans... and it was alot of fun for them.
Christmas was a big deal. We went to Dan's parents house and got to spend their first Christmas at home with Grammie and Grampie. Very Cool!!! There were so many presents under the tree, and they had put a gate around the tree so that the kids couldn't get into the presents before they were supposed to....











Christmas dinner was an adventure...I think there was a contest to see who could get the messiest... and Samantha won.





No comments: