Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was great. I got to sleep in a bit, and then cook and then eat! Wonderful!! The kids decided that Turkey is the most vile thing in the world, but they got over it. Friday I was going to go Black Friday shopping, but I couldn't be bothered to get up.... 6am is REALLY EARLY. Greg and Nicole came to visit (along with their kids of course!!) and they stayed until after dinner. It was so much fun. It was nice to visit with Greg and Nicole and play with the kids. Our kids had a great time, and can't wait for them to come back.

We are gearing up for their 5th birthday party. I can't believe that they are going to be 5 in less than 2 weeks!! Where did the time go? It seems just like yesterday that I was in the hospital still pregnant with them. Wanting everyday to give birth to them. Wanting them out so I could meet them, and now... I would give everything I have to be able to put them back in. I want to keep them small forever. I don't want them to grow up. Where did my babies go? They ride bikes now, and they write and are trying to learn to read, I think they are ready to go to college already. Then there are moments when I can't wait for them to go to school. I think they are going to love it, although Christian told me that "learning is boring" today. Samantha is going to think school is the best thing. I really think she will love it. Jeremy will probably have so much fun and Paige is going to have a hard lesson to learn about listening to the teachers and letting go of her stubborn streak. I think once she learns that she will love being in school. Christian, on the other hand, I am not sure where that is going to go. I think he will love recess, other than that.... I have no idea! But that's okay. It's going to be fun. I can't wait to be the volunteer mom... bringing things in, going on field trips all that fun stuff.

Okay, I have rambled on long enough. That is about all I have to say for tonight.

No comments: