Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tooth Fairy and Dr visit

So first, the exciting thing that happened today. Samantha has been wiggling a tooth for about 2 weeks wondering when it will come out. Well, today at lunch time she had success!!! It came out and she is so excited. Mommy and Daddy are too, this is the first baby tooth to fall out.

She is so proud. Right now her tooth is under her pillow and she is waiting for the Tooth Fairy to come and give her "either candy or money". It is so much fun to see her so excited and talk to her about these big girl things. I really thought that this was going to start something with the other kids about why their teeth aren't falling out, but so far they are just excited to see what she is going to get. I can't wait to see her face in the morning when she finds out what the Tooth Fairy brought her.

The other not so exciting thing is that I am sick. For the first time since they were born, I have actually been too sick to care for them. And the kicker is I don't have a clue what is wrong with me. I woke up on Thursday morning with pains in my stomach (actually above my stomach) and other gross stuff that I won't go into. I decided to just deal with it and hoped I would be fine by Friday. My mother was here for part of the day on Thursday, so I was able to be in bed, or just sit in the chair quietly until after she left, but there really wasn't much they needed after that except dinner, and Dan helped me with that. On Friday morning I woke up even worse that I was the day before. So I called the Dr. and went in to see her. I FULLY expected her to say I had a "tummy ache" and to go home. Instead I was told to go to the hospital and get blood work and a CAT Scan. Yippie!!!! Oh and by the way, the stuff that you have to drink before you have a CAT Scan, GROSS!!!! It's like drinking Tang flavored glue! OMG... when you are not feeling well, to ask some one to drink that stuff is just downright cruel! Anyway, I sat in the Radiology Dept. waiting room, in more pain than I can remember ever being in, and then finally went in. They did the scan and then told me to wait. After about 20 minutes, I was told to go back to the Dr office. So off I went and she told me that they don't have a clue what is wrong with me, and sent me home with pain meds, and 2 different kinds of antibiotics (after they gave me a 3rd in shot form in my butt). So I went home, scared the shit out of Dan because I was in so much pain I think he was sure I was going to explode all over the bedroom! So today, the pain is not as bad, but Dan is freaking out every time I get out of bed. I am convinced I have the best husband in the world. He has been completely wonderful! So that is all I have to say tonight.

School starts on Wednesday, and I am finally coming to terms with that....we will see how I am on Wednesday after I drop them off though.

No comments: