Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer is coming to an end

So we have moved home from the summer camp, and I am trying to get everything put away and organized. I am exhausted LOL!!! The kids are so excited to be home and have all of their favorite toys to play with again. They also know this is the countdown to their first day of school! Every time I mention it to them, they start jumping up and down and yelling. I am really glad that they are looking forward to school. There is something that each of them is excited for. Samantha can't wait for all of it. When I ask her which thing she is most excited about, she tells me she just can't pick! lol Jeremy can't wait for music class! He wants to play a trumpet, and for some reason he thinks he is going to be doing that on the first day of school. Paige is looking forward to art class. She loves to color and draw, so I think that will turn out to be her favorite class. Christian is looking forward to having recess everyday. LOL It's funny, I think he gets more and more like my brother every day.

I am trying to look forward to it as well. I took the kids to the grocery store today, and they were very good! In fact we had fun. We were singing songs and they were helping me. It took and hour and a half to do all the shopping, and by the time we were done, I was exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep. So, I am looking forward to shopping alone! I think that will be so much fun. Not having to hear..."mommy, can I have" or "mommy please buy me..." and all the other things they beg for. I am also looking forward to meeting them at the bus in the afternoon and hear all about their day, and snuggle with them after being away from them all day. They are growing up and I am really starting to see them as little people, not babies! Wow, scary!

No comments: