Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Are they really this old???

So today is only 3 weeks until my babies start kindergarten. I am so sad, yet so excited. Trying to understand how I just gave birth to them a week ago and they are now 5 (almost 6) and entering kindergarten. We have everything ready for the first day of school. Backpacks, lunch boxes, new clothes, new shoes... everything. They are excited, but I AM NOT!!!

Every time I think of them getting on a school bus, or being away from me for a whole day, I just want to cry. I guess I will get over it eventually. I have decided to give them a ride to school on the first day, and let them ride the bus home. Everyone is making fun of me, but I just don't think I can put them on a bus and watch them drive away.

Another milestone I have to deal with. I am happy for them because I know that they are going to have so much fun! They are so excited to take music class and art class. They are excited to learn how to read and do math and all that. I can't wait to hear about their day and see their faces when they are talking about what happened at school!

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

still alive !!! I'm glad to have news.

Good luck for the 1st day of kindergarten, is often parents who are most inconsolable!