Sunday, March 7, 2010

Playing in cars with kids

Clearly I am not very good at keeping up with the blog thing. I always think...what do I have to say that is interesting? Why would anyone want to read what I am writing? Here is what I decided. I am going to try and keep up with this blog even if it is boring and even if no one wants to read it because someday, my kids might want to know what was going through my head.

I had a really great day with my kids today. We woke up (way too early) and started to get ready for Church. Last night they were very excited to go, and this morning, they just wanted to hang out and do nothing, so we decided not to go. Then I woke up Dan so I could take a nap. giggle I slept for a couple hours and then the kids and I went outside. I cleaned out the van and the kids were playing. Then they decided to "help me" clean the van. And by help what I really mean is they were playing in the car...getting in my way...and having a great time! They "drove" to California and China, bought coffee, got new brakes, new tires and fixed the engine. I can't tell you how completely adorable they were.

I love days like this. I love days when we just play and they are fun. It reminds me why I wanted to be a mother.

No comments: